Did you know your IRA is a great source for making simple, tax-free gifts to your favorite charity? If you’re 70½ years or older, you can transfer your IRA Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) to a qualified charity, or give up to $100,000, without counting the distribution as income. And your contribution to our Ronald McDonald House would benefit families immediately!
Benefits of a charitable IRA rollover*
- Easy way to provide comfort and relief to families.
- Counts towards your IRA’s required minimum distribution.
- No income taxes are paid on the gift. You benefit even if you don’t itemize your deductions.
- Doesn’t increase your adjusted gross income.
- May help you avoid the Medicare high-income surcharge.
- Can mean less of your Social Security is taxable.
- Your contribution may qualify you for membership in our Giving Circles.
*Please consult your personal tax advisor to confirm your individual circumstance.
We’re here to help you!
Please contact Debbie Kamens at 858.598.2415 or [email protected] for the following:
- Ask to discuss IRA distribution options.
- Ask for a sample “Request for Charitable Distribution” to send to your IRA administrator.
- Learn about the Ronald McDonald House Charities of San Diego Legacy Society and membership benefits.
- Ask to receive our planned giving newsletter/e-newsletter: Planning from the Heart