Whether you are making a first-time gift or you want to add to your past generosity, you can leave a lasting legacy for the Ronald McDonald House of San Diego through planned giving.
You can find more information below about bequests and other giving options, or tap the “Plan Your Legacy” button to visit our planned giving service that can walk you through tax-wise strategies and how it will all work.
IRA Required Minimum Distribution
Did you know your IRA is a great source for making simple, tax-free gifts to your favorite charity? If you’re 70½ years or older, you can transfer your IRA Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) to a qualified charity, or give up to $100,000, without counting the distribution as income. And your contribution to our Ronald McDonald House would benefit families immediately!
Benefits of a charitable IRA rollover*
- Easy way to provide comfort and relief to families.
- Counts towards your IRA’s required minimum distribution.
- No income taxes are paid on the gift. You benefit even if you don’t itemize your deductions.
- Doesn’t increase your adjusted gross income.
- May help you avoid the Medicare high-income surcharge.
- Can mean less of your Social Security is taxable.
- Your contribution may qualify you for membership in our Giving Circles.
You can download a sample “Request for Charitable Distribution” to send to your IRA administrator.
*Please consult your personal tax advisor to confirm your individual circumstance.
A bequest is a gift designated in a will or living trust to Ronald McDonald House Charities of San Diego through a percentage of the donor’s estate, a specific dollar amount, the residual of the estate, or a certain piece of personal property. Bequests can be restricted to a specific use, purpose, program, or endowment.
- May reduce estate taxes
- Donor retains asset for remainder of lifetime
- You may choose how and where your gift is used
- You establish a legacy for you, and your children and grandchildren
Suggested Language for a Will
“I hereby bequeath (insert amount, percentage of the estate, or ‘the rest and remainder of my estate’) to Ronald McDonald House Charities® of San Diego, a not-for-profit corporation, located in San Diego, California, to be used at the discretion of the Board of Trustees of Ronald McDonald House Charities of San Diego.”
Other Giving Options
There are many estate planning options available, including:
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Charitable Lead Trusts
- Retirement Plan Assets
- Marketable Securities
We are always available to speak to you and your legal and financial advisors on what the best option may be for you and your family.
Gifts may be sent to:
Ronald McDonald House Charities of San Diego
2929 Children’s Way
San Diego, CA 92123
Federal Tax ID: 95-3251490
We’re here to help you!
Please contact Debbie Kamens at 858.598.2415 or email@example.com for the following:
- Ask to discuss IRA distribution options.
- Ask for a sample “Request for Charitable Distribution” to send to your IRA administrator.
- Learn about the Ronald McDonald House Charities of San Diego Legacy Society and membership benefits.
- Ask to receive our planned giving newsletter/e-newsletter: Planning from the Heart