Non-Exempt, Reports to President & CEO
Job Summary: The Assistant to the CEO will serve as the executive assistant in a one-on-one working relationship to the President & CEO. This is a part time hourly position working 20 hours per week. The Assistant to the CEO works as the primary point of contact for internal and external correspondence pertaining to the President & CEO. Applicants must have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. Must be able to work cooperatively as part of a team as well as take direction and work with minimal supervision and be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. Time spent on the Essential Functions described below will vary according to current organizational needs and deadlines.
While the components of this position are varied, the most important function of this position is to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of the CEO to promote the overall success of the organization.
- Performing administrative tasks, scheduling and managing an active calendar for the CEO, preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential, gathering and entering data, and preparing documents or PowerPoint presentations for meetings.
- Works closely and effectively with the President & CEO to be well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities pertaining to major gifts and daily activities.
- Enter updates on CEO’s activities pertaining to major gift and planned giving donors into Salesforce database.
- Assist in executing major and planned gifts fundraising programs, which includes collecting and organizing donor information, coordinating and scheduling appointments, and preparing and mailing senior level correspondence.
- Board and Committee meetings – Assist with printing, organizing and uploading of materials for meetings.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a range of constituencies, including trustees, House volunteers, and donors to the organization.
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills while working as part of a team environment.
- Filing, photocopying, faxing, PowerPoint preparation, proofing, and other clerical duties and administrative tasks and projects as needed.
- Must be able to work occasional weekend and evening events.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited institution
- Two years administrative experience, preferably with experience supporting C-Level executives
- Familiarity with Salesforce or comparable CRM is highly desirable
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook)
- Ability to be highly organized and work with significant attention to detail
- Above average writing and oral communication skills
- Very accurate English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary
- General knowledge of Adobe Acrobat
- Efficient research and writing skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. The employee may be asked to drive his/her personal vehicle to work related duties. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Send cover letter and resume to Brady Heaton.