The Ronald McDonald House seeks to provide you a “home-away-from-home” while you are caring for your child.
We have a variety of rules to ensure that each family is supported, respected, and finds respite during their stay. Please note, guests may be asked to leave the House immediately if they violate Ronald McDonald House rules.
- If any person in a family, or anyone who has visited the House, has been exposed to a contagious illness such as chicken pox or measles, please inform Ronald McDonald House staff immediately.
- No smoking is allowed in or around the House.
- No drugs or alcohol are allowed in or around the House.
- A family’s length of stay is not solely determined by length of hospitalization. Learn more about service eligibility>>
- All guests must wear a House-issued wristband during their stay.
- Ronald McDonald House staff reserve the right to enter rooms whenever necessary, including for weekly room inspections.
- The House suggests a $20/night donation and also requests a $40 nonrefundable room deposit.
- Guests may be asked to reimburse the House for missing or damaged property.
- Guests are responsible for cleaning up after themselves and their visitors.
- Each family is assigned a house chore to be completed by 4:00pm daily. If a family is unable to complete an assigned chore on time, they must notify staff.
- Children under age 18 must be supervised at all times by a parent or legal guardian (not by another houseguest). The only exception is when the child is enrolled and participating in the on-site Ronald McDonald House School.
- Children under age 18 may not use the computer lab without their parent or legal guardian present.
- Noise levels must be kept to a minimum after 10:00pm.
- Laundry cannot be left unattended and must be removed from the washer and dryer promptly.
- Food and drinks are only allowed in the dining room and TV rooms. Please do not eat or drink in guest rooms, activity rooms, or the living room.
- TV rooms are for common use. Guests should not sleep in a TV room or lock its door.
- The House meals program is only for Ronald McDonald House guests and day visitors wearing hospital-issued wristbands.
Checkout time is before 10:00am daily. Before checkout, guests must:
- Notify staff of their expected departure date
- Empty all room trash containers into the large trash and recycling containers in the laundry rooms
- Remove food from personal pantry and refrigerator
- Complete the room inventory checklist with a staff member
- Return room keycards to the front desk