Corporate and Community Philanthropy Coordinator
Under the direction of the Corporate and Community Development Director, the Corporate and Community Philanthropy Coordinator is responsible for increasing philanthropic support with new and existing corporate and community relationships associated with Ronald McDonald House Charities® of San Diego. This position will support third party fundraising groups to research, organize and coordinate special projects or events. Duties also include providing logistical support to additional fund generating initiatives and supporting the corporate and community development team with administrative and other duties as assigned.
Reports To: Corporate and Community Philanthropy Director
- Assist in executing Corporate and Community Philanthropy business plan, which includes a wide range of fundraising special events, donor stewardship activities and third party corporate and community group fundraising activities
- Research, identify and evaluate and renew prospective donors for third party events and other fundraising opportunities which may include Cause Marketing Campaigns, Signature Event Sponsorships, Direct Corporate Donations and Corporate Grant Opportunities
- Renew Existing and Solicit new local elementary schools to participate in Red Shoe Crew fundraisers
- Serve as the primary House contact for all aspects of third-party events, including event coordination, sponsorship, vendor coordination, and volunteers.
- Attend all third party events on behalf of the House – includes managing an information table and/or speaking engagements.
- Serve on event committees for major third party events, including Dinner with Friends, Poker Ride and Tables for Tots, and help with the event planning, including timelines and all day-of coordination.
- Solicit and coordinate volunteers for third party events.
- Coordinate with House Operations for events held at RMHCSD, as well as work with House Operations to identify family speakers for events.
- Maintain sponsorship pledges and follow-up on outstanding payments. Manage sponsor recognition via print and digital media for events.
- Act as day-of event lead, creating an event timeline and talking points. Manage all parties to keep the event on time.
- Manage auction solicitations and set-up silent/live auctions for events.
- Serve as the House representative for the Golf Invitational, working in conjunction with participating parties to solicit and follow through with sponsorship requests/acknowledgements. Manage all aspects of sponsorship recognition and post-event program development.
- Coordinate specific special activities including in-kind donation solicitation, logistics and guest list management, and follow up with donors and committee members
- Draft proposals and acknowledgment letters as assigned
- Produce letters and proposals for donors and/or prospects as assigned (including mail merge documents)
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a range of constituencies, including trustees, House volunteers, members of event committees and donors to the organization
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills while working as part of a small team environment
- Be able to work weekend and evening events
- Support a wide range of projects as needed, including the tile program and vehicle donation program
- Comply with company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree from accredited institution
- Minimum of 1-2 years of fundraising experience, preferably in a nonprofit environment
- Knowledge and experience with fundraising database resources
- Exceptional writing and oral communication skills
- Excellent English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary
- Understanding and knowledge of Adobe and Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook), Sales Force and Greater Giving
- Highly efficient research and writing skills, preparing and submitting reports
- Social Media proficiency preferred
- Understanding of online Peer-to-Peer and Event fundraising technology and execution
Ability to work nights and weekends as applicable to events
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $43,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year