Put your best foot forward on Red Shoe Day and help keep families together with their hospitalized kids!
Thursday, June 21, 2018 • 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. • Across San Diego County
Red Shoe Day is back for its ninth great year! 1,500 volunteers will be singing, dancing, and collecting donations from commuters and passers-by throughout San Diego County. It’s a lot of fun, and all proceeds support family care at San Diego’s Ronald McDonald House.
Check out these Red Shoe Day 2017 campaigns!
See what your fellow volunteers are doing with online campaigns.
Prizes for top 2017 fundraisers:
- First Prize: One (1) night stay at the Manchester Grand Hyatt + $50 to The Fish Market
- Second Prize: $40 Regal Movie Entertainment + $50 to California Pizza Kitchen + $20 to Jamba Juice + 4 passes to The New Children’s Museum
- Third Prize: Two (2) movie tickets and $10 Concessions gift card to Regal Movie Entertainment + $40 to Chipotle
Prizes for top 2018 fundraisers:
- To be announced in March 2018
Prizes for anyone who raises…
- $50 or more: RMHCSD 2018 Lapel Pin & $15 iTunes Gift Card
- $100 or more: RMHCSD 2018 Lapel Pin, $15 iTunes Gift Card & Red Shoe Day Hat
- $200 or more: RMHCSD 2018 Lapel Pin, $15 iTunes Gift Card, Red Shoe Day Hat & RMHCSD hoodie
Red Shoe Day Photos
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register myself or my group for Red Shoe Day?
When is the deadline to register?
June 11th is the last day to register.
Can I reserve an intersection for my group of 6 or more?
Yes! Contact Victoria at VGarner@rmhcsd.org or 858-598-2448 to reserve your group’s intersection in advance. All individuals in your group MUST register online and select your reserved intersection.
What time do I arrive at my intersection?
We ask that you or your group arrives at your assigned intersection no later than 6:30AM. Make sure to check out your intersection prior to Red Shoe day to find the best parking for the day!
Where is my intersection?
Your intersection is in the confirmation emailed to you after registering for Red Shoe Day. If you cannot locate it, email firstname.lastname@example.org
What Red Shoe Day supplies are provided to me?
You will receive Red Shoes, additional collection canisters, Red Shoe Day signs, an information packet with donation drop-off details, a money bag, Red Shoe Day flyers, t-shirts for each registered volunteer and a goody bag!
Where and when do I pick up my Red Shoe Day Supplies?
Supply pick up days are Friday, June 15 and Saturday, June 16 from 10AM – 1PM. You may arrive either day between the specified times to collect your group’s supplies. Supply pick up will take place at San Diego’s Ronald McDonald House, 2929 Children’s Way, San Diego, CA 92123, in the turnout in front of the building.
How can I donate to Red Shoe Day if I don’t have the opportunity on my morning commute?
You can donate online at rmhcsd.org or by mailing a check to Ronald McDonald House Charities of San Diego at 2929 Children’s Way, San Diego, CA 92123.
When can we see the results?
Results will be announced at the Red Shoe Day BBQ at the House on July 7th 2018 from 12-2pm. We will also email results to all volunteers after the event.
2018 registration will open in March. Mark you calendars, recruit your friends, and check back soon!
Here’s how to volunteer:
- Register as an individual or gather a group! Registration opens March 2018
- Download a toolkit: 2017 Toolkit (updated toolkit coming soon)
- Start your personal fundraising page and share it on social media!
- Pick up supplies in June. 2018 details here: Supply Pick Up Info Sheet
- Set your alarm and get ready for a great morning!
- Find out results and celebrate at our volunteer barbecue on July 7!